Church of the Bread of Life
First located at Avenue A and Mandan Street, the church, renamed St. George's Episcopal, was removed to Third and Rosser about 1900. There, a small parish house was built and later joined to the rear of the church. When the new St. George's Episcopal Church at Avenue B and Fourth Street was completed, the former property was sold and later acquired for a building site by the Presbyterian Church. The old structure was donated to the state and moved to Camp Hancock in 1965. It has since been restored to its post-1885
Erected 1975 by State Historical Society of North Dakota.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical month for this entry is August 1879.
Location. 46° 48.305′ N, 100° 47.435′ W. Marker is in Bismarck, North Dakota, in Burleigh County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of East Main Avenue (Business Interstate 94) and North 1st Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 E Main Ave, Bismarck ND 58501, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Episcopalian Services In The Area (a few steps from this marker); Camp Hancock Site Map (a few steps from this marker); Locomotive #2164 (a few steps from this marker); Hancock History (within shouting distance of this marker); First News of Custer’s Death (approx. ¼ mile away); The Pioneer Family (approx. one mile away); All Veterans Memorial (approx. one mile away); Combat Wounded Veterans (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bismarck.
Regarding Church of the Bread of Life. This is a deconsecrated Episcopal Church.
Also see . . . Camp Hancock State Historic Site. (Submitted on August 11, 2020, by Connor Olson of Lemmon, South Dakota.)
Credits. This page was last revised on August 15, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 11, 2020, by Connor Olson of Lemmon, South Dakota. This page has been viewed 72 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 11, 2020, by Connor Olson of Lemmon, South Dakota. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.