Rosenberg in Fort Bend County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Built in 1910 by Jacob Gray, this building was leased by Louis A. Vogelsang (1874-1961) in 1916 for his general merchandise business. Vogelsang bought the property in 1922, and continued to operate his store at this site until 1947. The early commercial building features brick construction with simple corbelled cornice, segmented-arch upper windows and shop-front lower windows and doors. Painting of bricks highlights the hood molds, bands, and cornices.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1986
Erected 1986 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9076.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce.
Location. 29° 33.565′ N, 95° 48.449′ W. Marker is in Rosenberg, Texas, in Fort Bend County. Marker is at the intersection of Avenue G and 2nd Street, on the right when traveling west on Avenue G. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1911 Avenue G, Rosenberg TX 77471, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Robinowitz Brothers (within shouting distance of this marker); Charles Harvey WaddellFort Bend Telephone Company (about 500 feet away); Rosenberg Post Office (about 700 feet away); First Baptist Church of Rosenberg (approx. 0.2 miles away); Julius Edward Junker (approx. 0.3 miles away); Rosenberg Cemetery (approx. half a mile away); Rosenberg (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rosenberg.
Also see . . . Rosenberg Texas. TSHA Texas State Historical Association (Submitted on October 23, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on October 23, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 23, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 34 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 23, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.