Bronson City Hall
Built in 1970, in just 14 hours, Bronson's City Hall is made of reinforced fiberglass plastic. The building won the State of Michigan Product of the Year award, presented by the Michigan State Chamber of Commerce.
Bronson sold its old City Hall to make room for new building. Lynema Enterprise, a local concern, very much wanted to demonstrate how its plastic products could be used successfully in this way.
The building is 32 x 60 feet in area and 12 feet high. Wall and roof panels contain two inches of urethane insulation, sandwiched as a core between the exterior and interior panel surfaces. Both wall and roof panels are white reinforcement plastic. City Hall has 1920 square feet of floor space, and contains city offices, council meeting room, and a storage vault for city archives.
Korbuly-Graf, a South Bend, Indiana architectural firm that had designed our Senior Citizen's Housing Project were hired for the project.
Erected by Bronson Kiwanis Club.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Government & Politics. A significant historical year for this entry is 1970.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Robert Lowell Davison was born September 12, 1903 in Rushville, Indiana (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cyrus Luce (about 300 feet away); City of Bronson Sesquicentennial (about 300 feet away); Bronson World War II Memorial (about 400 feet away); Bronson Veterans Memorial (about 400 feet away); Bronson High School World War I Memorial (about 400 feet away); World War Memorial Tree (about 600 feet away); Bronson Public Library (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bronson.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 6, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 10, 2020, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 170 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 10, 2020, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.