Greenville in Hunt County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Built in 1883 by Virginia B. Stevens, daughter of Col. James Bourland, on land deeded him by M. H. Wright, joining site Wright donated for Greenville. Bourland gave land to daughter in 1854. Part of her earlier house was incorporated into this southern colonial structure. Mrs. Stevens gave home to daughter, Berta V. Samuell, who sold to C. A. Leddy in 1912. Owners have been leading citizens in the town's history.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1969
Erected 1969 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 7773.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Architecture. A significant historical year for this entry is 1883.
Location. 33° 8.61′ N, 96° 6.44′ W. Marker is in Greenville, Texas, in Hunt County. Marker is on Stonewall Street near Bourland Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1916 Stonewall Street, Greenville TX 75401, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. W.R.J. Camp House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Seven Courthouses of Hunt County (approx. ¼ mile away); Greenville "Herald"1929 Hunt County Courthouse (approx. ¼ mile away); Greenville Building and Loan Association (approx. 0.3 miles away); Hunt County (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Old Greenville Post Office (approx. 0.3 miles away); Central Christian Church (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Greenville.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 30, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 30, 2020, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. This page has been viewed 32 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 30, 2020, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.