Napa in Napa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Dedicated April 25, 1982
Native Sons of the Golden West
Larry E. Mowinckel, Grand President
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical date for this entry is April 25, 1950.
Location. 38° 18.052′ N, 122° 17.227′ W. Marker is in Napa, California, in Napa County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Clinton Street, on the right when traveling south on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1245 Main Street, Napa CA 94559, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Johnson-Doran Building (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Napa - Birthplace of the Loudspeaker and the Magnavox Corp. (about 700 feet away); Winship Building 1888 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Semorile BuildingOld Napa Register Building, 1905 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Napa's China Town / Shuck Chan (approx. 0.2 miles away); Native Sons Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away); Oberon Saloon (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Napa.
More about this marker. The marker is almost on the lefthand corner of the building.
Regarding Pfeiffer Building. The Pfeiffer Building started out as the Barth Brewery in 1875. In the 1890's it became the Stone Saloon, complete with brothel upstairs. In the 1920's it became Sam Kee's Laundry. From 1976 to 1999 it housed the Andrews Meat Company and Deli. From 2002 onwards it has been home to the Vintner's Collective, an outlet for local wineries. The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.
Also see . . . At Clinton and Main, a building that has seen the transformation of Napa. The Napa-Valley Registers article (5/16/2010) on the history of the Pfeiffer Building. (Submitted on February 24, 2009.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 19, 2020. It was originally submitted on February 24, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 1,276 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 24, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.