Estill in Hampton County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1975 by The Board of Deacons of Lawtonville Baptist Church. (Marker Number 25-4.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical month for this entry is March 1775.
Location. 32° 45.302′ N, 81° 14.298′ W. Marker is in Estill, South Carolina, in Hampton County. Marker is at the intersection of Fourth Street and Lawton Avenue, on the right when traveling east on Fourth Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Estill SC 29918, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Estill Presbyterian Church (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Lucile Ellerbe Godbold (approx. 0.2 miles away); Morrison Academy (approx. Lawtonville Church (approx. 7.4 miles away); Beech Branch Baptist Church (approx. 7.4 miles away); Gifford Rosenwald School (approx. 7˝ miles away); Old Pocotaligo Road, March From The Sea (approx. 9 miles away); Hampton Colored School (approx. 10.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Estill.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. Another Lawtonville Church marker, near the church's earlier location.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 26, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,144 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 26, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 4, 5. submitted on August 24, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.