La Feria in Cameron County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Baptist Church of La Feria
Organized in 1912 with eleven charter members under the leadership of the Rev. Mr. Roberts of Ohio, the First Baptist Church of La Feria originally shared facilities and services with other local religious groups. The Women's Missionary Society was founded in 1923; a full graded Sunday School was organized in 1924, as was the Baptist Youth Union. In June 1925 the Baptist congregation held its first service in a new domed structure on this site. Additions and renovations to the facility were made as needed. Always strong in missionary activity, the First Baptist Church of La Feria continues a proud tradition of worship and community service.
Erected 1998 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 11778.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 26° 9.364′ N, 97° 49.484′ W. Marker is in La Feria, Texas, in Cameron County. Marker is at the intersection of West Magnolia Street and South Main Street (Farm to Market Road 506), on the right when travelingTouch for map. Marker is in this post office area: La Feria TX 78559, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of First Bank in La Feria (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Town of La Feria (approx. ¼ mile away); La Feria Cemetery (approx. one mile away); Solis Cemetery (approx. 1.2 miles away); Camp Mercedes (approx. 5.3 miles away); Ebony Grove Cemetery (approx. 5.4 miles away); Dr. Héctor P. García (approx. 5½ miles away); The American Rio Grande Land and Irrigation System (approx. 5½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in La Feria.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 5, 2021. It was originally submitted on February 4, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 36 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 4, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.