Kingsville in Kleberg County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
St. Paul Lutheran Church
Kingsville's St. Paul Lutheran Church grew from early missionary efforts of the Rev. Frederick H. Eickhoff, an Indiana Pastor working for the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod of Texas. It began in January 1912 as one of his several charges in the region. Early members met at Flato Hall, on Kleberg Avenue, and later at First Presbyterian Church. In November 1913, Henrietta King donated this site to the church, which officially organized in 1918. Over the years, Church programs have included the Lutheran Women's Missionary League, the Lutheran Laymen's League and a parochial school, as well as youth and service groups.
Erected 2004 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 12944.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 27° 30.578′ N, 97° 51.73′ W. Marker is in Kingsville, Texas, in Kleberg County. Marker is at the intersection of East Doddridge Avenue and South 10th Street on East Doddridge Avenue. The marker is located in front of the Church by Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 521 East Doddridge Avenue, Kingsville TX 78363, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Englishmen in South Texas, 1568 (approx. half a mile away); Uriah Lott (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Kingsville Railroad Depot (approx. 0.6 miles away); Taylor Camp Site, 1846 (approx. 1.6 miles away); Bishop (approx. 6˝ miles away); First Baptist Church of Bishop (approx. 6˝ miles away); First United Methodist Church of Bishop (approx. 6˝ miles away); St. John Lutheran Church (approx. 6˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kingsville.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 17, 2021. It was originally submitted on February 16, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 37 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 16, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.