McKinney in Collin County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
William Clinton and Anna Belle Thompson House
William Clinton (Clint) Thompson, and his wife Anna Belle (Wofford), prominent local newspaper owners and civic leaders, built this house in 1894 on land purchased from Clint's father, noted McKinney developer Dr. Francis M. Thompson. The house is a good example of late-19th century vernacular form with Queen Anne stylistic influences including shingle work, classical columns, and elaborate roofscape. The house remained in the Thompson Family until 1979.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1994
Erected 1994 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 6213.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Architecture. A significant historical year for this entry is 1894.
Location. 33° 11.825′ N, 96° 37.639′ W. Marker is in McKinney, Texas, in Collin County. Marker is at the intersection of West Louisiana street and South Bass Street, on the left when traveling west on West Louisiana street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: McKinney TX 75069, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. William B. Largent House (approx. ¼ mile away); Barnes-Largent House (approx. The Howell House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Davis House (approx. 0.3 miles away); John Martin House (approx. 0.4 miles away); L. A. Scott Home (approx. 0.4 miles away); E.A. Newsome House (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Beverly-Harris House (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in McKinney.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 11, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 9, 2021, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. This page has been viewed 30 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 9, 2021, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.