The Oliver House
Built in 1845, the Oliver House is one of the four raised Greek cottages built in Milton for local merchants. It is a brick lower story with a famed upper story containing the main entrance.
The interior exhibits a center chimney with three fireplaces, plastered walls, simple trim and classical revival mantels.
Erected by The Milton Preservation and Beautification Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Architecture. A significant historical year for this entry is 1845.
Location. 36° 32.315′ N, 79° 12.223′ W. Marker is in Milton, North Carolina, in Caswell County. Marker is at the intersection of Bridge Street and Broad Street (State Highway 57), on the right when traveling north on Bridge Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 18 Bridge St, Milton NC 27305, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Commercial Row East (within shouting distance of this marker); Commercial Row West (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of Milton Hotel (about 400 feet away); The Wooding Place (about 500 feet
Credits. This page was last revised on April 25, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 25, 2021, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 24 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 25, 2021, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.