Detroit in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Eastern Liggett School / Detroit Waldorf School
Erected 2016 by Michigan Historical Commission - Michigan Historical
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1914.
Location. 42° 21.897′ N, 82° 59.846′ W. Marker is in Detroit, Michigan, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of Charlevoix Street and Burns Street, on the left when traveling west on Charlevoix Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2555 Burns St, Detroit MI 48214, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Indian Village (approx. 0.2 miles away); Ossian Sweet House / Dr. Ossian Sweet (approx. ¾ mile away); Pewabic Pottery / Mary Chase Perry Stratton (approx. 0.8 miles away); St. Anthony Church (approx. 1.3 miles away); Elmwood Cemetery (approx. 1.7 miles away); Police Radio Dispatch (approx. 1.8 miles away); The Battle of Bloody Run (approx. 1.8 miles away); The Players (approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Detroit.
Also see . . . Detroit Waldorf School. Excerpt:
In 1878, Rev. James D. Liggett settled in Detroit and established a small, independent school for girls, originally known as The Detroit Home and Day School, and later as The Liggett School. The school was originally located at(Submitted on May 10, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan.)
Credits. This page was last revised on May 11, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 10, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 41 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 10, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.