Crawford in Dawes County, Nebraska — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Post Headquarters, 1905
Erected by Nebraska State Historical Society.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Forts and Castles • War, World II. In addition, it is included in the Nebraska State Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1905.
Location. 42° 40.109′ N, 103° 27.99′ W. Marker is in Crawford, Nebraska, in Dawes County. Marker can be reached from Bridges to Buttes Byway (U.S. 20) 0.1 miles south of Soldier Creek Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for mapTouch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ft. Robinson (within shouting distance of this marker); Flagstaff, 1890 (within shouting distance of this marker); Chief Crazy Horse (within shouting distance of this marker); Adobe Officers’ Quarters (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Ft. Robinson (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); 1909 Brick Barracks (about 400 feet away); 1887 Barracks Row (about 400 feet away); Officers’ Row, 1874-1875 (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Crawford.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 30, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 26, 2021, by Connor Olson of Lemmon, South Dakota. This page has been viewed 27 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 26, 2021, by Connor Olson of Lemmon, South Dakota. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.