Ellaville in Schley County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Ellaville High School Schley County High School
Ellaville History Wall
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1917.
Location. 32° 14.256′ N, 84° 18.439′ W. Marker is in EllavilleTouch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 55 South Wilson Street, Ellaville GA 31806, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Peacock Hotel (here, next to this marker); Ellaville High School (here, next to this marker); The Ellaville Depot (here, next to this marker); Greene's Dairy (here, next to this marker); Suwannee Store (here, next to this marker); Hill's Mill (a few steps from this marker); Gill Drug Company (a few steps from this marker); The Bank of Ellaville (a few steps from this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ellaville.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Ellaville History Wall
Also see . . . Schley County History: Ellaville High School. The first Monday in September, 1917, found the new building completed with all necessary equipment. The enrollment of pupils was the largest in the history of the school. In 1920, the Lewis school district, having voted local taxation, was allowed by the County School Commissioners to consolidate with the Ellaville High School. This privilege was also granted the Lacrosse School, and two trucks are being used to transport the pupils of these schools (Submitted on May 30, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on May 30, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 29, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 55 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 29, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.