Medina in Medina County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Medina County Courthouse
National Register of Historic Places
Medina County Courthouse, built in 1841, was originally a Greek Revival structure. In 1873 it was enveloped by a French Second Empire facade. This plaque is on the last exposed exterior wall of the original building.
Erected 1991 by Medina County, presented in commemoration of the 150th anniversary.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Government & Politics. A significant historical year for this entry is 1970.
Location. 41° 8.334′ N, 81° 51.747′ W. Marker is in Medina, Ohio, in Medina County. Marker is on Public Square just south of East Liberty Street (Ohio Route 3/18), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 99 Public Square, Medina OH 44256, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Court House (a few steps from this marker); First Congregational Church of Medina (within shouting distance of this marker); Medina County Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Public Square Park (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); World War II 57 Millimeter Cannon (about 300 feet away); Canfield Building (about 400 feet away); Medina Town Hall & Engine House (about 400 feet away); American House Hotel (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Medina.
Additional keywords. sesquicentennial
Credits. This page was last revised on July 13, 2022. It was originally submitted on July 13, 2021, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 99 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 13, 2021, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.