Yankton in Yankton County, South Dakota — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
First Dakota National Bank of Yankton
In 1909 the Dakota National Bank was organized with the following officers: F. C. Danforth, Pres., J. A. Danforth, Vice-Pres., Wm. J. Fantle, 2nd Vice-Pres., and Sig O. Hanger, Cashier.
On October 1st, 1931 the First National and Dakota National were merged as the First Dakota National Bank of Yankton. The Pioneer Bank of the two Dakotas.
Erected 1956. (Marker Number 187.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the South Dakota State Historical Society Markers series list.
Location. 42° 52.176′ N, 97° 23.735′ W. Marker is in Yankton, South Dakota, in Yankton County. Marker is on Cedar Street, 0.1 miles south of West 4th Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 225 Cedar St, Yankton SD 57078, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Courthouse Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); The Yankton Stockade Site (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); West Wall / Yankton Stockade (approx. 0.2 miles away); William H. McMaster (approx. ¼ mile away); Meridian Bridge Connects Continent from North to South (approx. ¼ mile away); Pierre Dorion, Sr. (approx. ¼ mile away); Trial of Jack McCall for Murder of "Wild Bill" (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Yankton.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 23, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 22, 2021. This page has been viewed 51 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 22, 2021. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.