Flint in Genesee County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Many of Flint´s most prominent citizens have been Masons. The city´s "new" Masonic temple was dedicated in 1911 with great fanfare. Since then the building has been the site of many Masonic and civic events. Non-Masonic groups also held regular meetings at the temple. The Flint Old Newsboys held its organizational meeting here in 1924. In 1947 the Battiste family opened the Temple Dining Room, which became a popular restaurant and venue for benefit dinners.
Erected 2004 by Michigan Historical Commission - Michigan Historical Center. (Marker Number L0911.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Fraternal or Sororal OrganizationsMichigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1911.
Location. 43° 0.802′ N, 83° 41.309′ W. Marker is in Flint, Michigan, in Genesee County. Marker is at the intersection of Saginaw Street and East 4th Street, on the right when traveling north on Saginaw Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 755 Saginaw St, Flint MI 48502, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Paul's Episcopal Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Otto P. Graff (about 400 feet away); Sarah Emma Edmonds / Franklin Thompson (about 400 feet away); Genesee County Civil War Memorial (about 400 feet away); Resisting Slavery / Robert J. Cromwell (about 400 feet away); Genesee County Courthouse (about 600 feet away); Court Street United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Vehicle City (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Flint.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 1, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 31, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 48 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 31, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.