Colma in San Mateo County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Old Colma Railroad Station
— Circa 1881 —
Topics. This historical marker Industry & Commerce • Railroads & Streetcars. A significant historical month for this entry is February 1893.
Location. 37° 40.929′ N, 122° 27.349′ W. Marker is in Colma, California, in San Mateo County. Marker can be reached from Hillside Boulevard near F Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1500 Hillside Boulevard, Daly City CA 94014, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Old Colma Railroad Station (within shouting distance of this marker); Mount Olivet Cemetery Office and Streetcar Line (within shouting distance of this marker); Colma Historical Museum (within shouting distance of this marker); Colma City Hall (approx. 0.4 miles away); Waterworks and the Pump House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Joe Cavalli – Historical Site (approx. 0.9 miles away); Molloy’s Springs (approx. 0.9 miles away); Cuneo Farm and Produce Market (approx. 1½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Colma.
More about this marker. Marker is located on the grounds of the Colma History Museum at Mount Olivet Cemetery.
1. Freight Shed – circa 1881
Initially located near the Train Depot (and later attached to the Depot), it was used for storing and shipping the abundant agricultural produce grown in Northern San Mateo County. It now contains exhibits of Colma monument companies, both past and present, stories of Colma flower shops, and items relating to the agricultural heritage of the area.
— Submitted April 28, 2009, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 28, 2009, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona. This page has been viewed 1,307 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 28, 2009, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona.