Deadwood in Lawrence County, South Dakota — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
First Deadwood Gold Discovery
Erected 1976 by Lawrence County Historical Society; South Dakota Department of Transportation; South Dakota State Historical Society. (Marker Number 465.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the South Dakota State Historical Society Markers series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1875.
Location. 44° 23.153′ N, 103° 43.058′ W. Marker is in Deadwood, South Dakota, in Lawrence County. Marker is at the intersection of Crescent Drive and 76th Drive, on the left when traveling south on Crescent Drive. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Deadwood SD 57732, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Placer Claim No. 2 above Discovery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Deadwood’s Boy Scout Tree Project (approx. ¼ mile away); Elizabethtown (approx. half a mile away); Wild Bill Hickok (approx. half a mile away); Chinatown (approx. 0.6 miles away); Historic Facade Replication (approx. ¾ mile away); Historic Site Saloon Number 10 (approx. 0.8 miles away); Chinese Immigrants (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Deadwood.
Related marker. another marker that is related to this marker.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 4, 2021. It was originally submitted on October 6, 2021, by Connor Olson of Kewaskum, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 220 times since then and 125 times this year. Last updated on November 4, 2021. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 6, 2021, by Connor Olson of Kewaskum, Wisconsin. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.