Columbia Station in Lorain County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Columbia Baptist Church
National Register of Historic Places
placed on the
of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the Interior
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1900.
Location. 41° 18.772′ N, 81° 55.526′ W. Marker is in Columbia Station, Ohio, in Lorain County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Royalton Road (Ohio Route 82) and West River Road (County Highway 60), on the right when traveling west. Marker is mounted at eye-level on the east side of the front entrance staircase landing. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 25514 Royalton Road, Columbia Station OH 44028, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Columbia United Methodist Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Columbia Township (about 500 feet away); Olmsted Falls L.S. & M.S. Depot (approx. 4.4 miles away); Pomeroy House (approx. 4.7 miles away); Olmsted Falls, A Historic Community (approx. 4.7 miles away); Town Hall and School Building (approx. 4.8 miles away); Chestnut Grove Cemetery (approx. 4.8 miles away); Olmsted’s Origins / Olmsted Township (approx. 4.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbia Station.
More about this marker. Marker may be obscured by shrubbery at times.
Regarding Columbia Baptist Church. National Register of Historic Places #76001466.
Also see . . . Columbia Baptist Church.
Nineteen settlers formed the congregation in 1832. The first church on the site was built in 1840-48 and was torn down to make space for the current church. The sanctuary contains two beautiful stained-glass windows. The Columbia Stone Quarry Co. donated the stone for the building, which church members carted in horse drawn farm wagons to the building site. Descendents remember hearing that many wagons were broken while carrying the heavy loads of stone, and that stables were built behind the church to house the horses.(Submitted on November 23, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 23, 2021. It was originally submitted on November 23, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 136 times since then and 45 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 23, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.