London in Middlesex County, Ontario — Central Canada
The Ridout Street Complex
Plusieurs des plus vieux bâtiments de London s’alignaient sur cette rue, caractéristique des villes ontariennes du milieu du XIXe siècle. Ces edifice résidentielles, industriels et commerciaux, dont le plus ancient remonte à 1835, se retrouvaient dissemines sur l’une des rues principales, qu’on appelait la “rue des Banquiers” car elle abritait cinq succursales bancaires. Longtemps négligés, ils ont subi les ravages du temps, jusqu'à ce que compagnie John Labatt Limitée, soucieuse de préserver ces richesses patrimoniales,
Erected by Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1835.
Location. 42° 59.029′ N, 81° 15.287′ W. Marker is in London, Ontario, in Middlesex County. Marker is on Ridout Street North, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 451 Ridout Street, London ON N6A 2P6, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Eldon House (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); The Founding of London (about 180 meters away); The Gaol and Courthouse, London, c.1843 (about 180 meters away); The Petition of John Ewart (about 180 meters away); Middlesex Court House (about 180 meters away); Dominion Public Building / Édifice Dominion Public (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); King Street Bridge (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Isaac Crouse (approx. 0.4 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in London.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 14, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,819 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 14, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.