Vienna in Lincoln Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Site of the original seat of government of Lincoln Parish which was created in 1873. Settlement of Vienna began in 1830's and town incorporated in 1848. Early business center of North Central Louisiana. First local post office known as Colvinsville.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1848.
Location. 32° 35.429′ N, 92° 38.876′ W. Marker is in Vienna, Louisiana, in Lincoln Parish. Marker is on U.S. 167/63, 0.1 miles north of Old Wire Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5073 US-167, Ruston LA 71270, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Wire Road (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Pine Hills Church (approx. 1.1 miles away); West Hill (approx. 4.2 miles away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. 4.2 miles away); V. S. & P. Railroad Depot (approx. 4.3 miles away); Siscro McCarty Henry Louis Dyer (approx. 5.3 miles away); Vernell J. Delafosse (approx. 5.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Vienna.
Also see . . . Vienna, Louisiana. Wikipedia entry (Submitted on April 20, 2022, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York.)
Credits. This page was last revised on April 20, 2022. It was originally submitted on April 13, 2022, by Wesley Harris of Ruston, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 129 times since then and 20 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on April 13, 2022, by Wesley Harris of Ruston, Louisiana. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?