Huntsville in Walker County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Bell "Huey" Helicopter
Erected by Hearts Veterans Museum of Texas.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Military.
Location. 30° 44.181′ N, 95° 35.004′ W. Marker is in Huntsville, Texas, in Walker County. Marker is at the intersection of State Highway 75 and North Freeway Service Road, on the left when traveling west on State Highway 75. The marker is located at the western section of the Hearts Veterans Museum of Texas. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 463 TX 75, Huntsville TX 77320, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. M60-A-3 Patton Tank (a few steps from this marker); Forward Observation Post (a few steps from this marker); Washing Pots (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Rodeo Chutes (about 400 feet away); Fire Hose CartsSyrup Kettle (about 500 feet away); Rogersville (approx. 1.7 miles away); First Missionary Baptist Church (approx. 1.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Huntsville.
Also see . . . Bell UH-1 Iroquois.
The Bell UH-1 Iroquois (nicknamed "Huey") is a utility military helicopter powered by a single turboshaft engine, with two-bladed main and tail rotors. The first member of the prolific Huey family, it was developed by Bell Helicopter to meet a 1952 US Army requirement for a medical evacuation and utility helicopter, and first flew in 1956. The UH-1 was the first turbine-powered helicopter produced for the United States military, and more than 16,000 have been built since 1960. Source: Wikipedia(Submitted on April 17, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on April 17, 2022. It was originally submitted on April 17, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 144 times since then and 64 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 17, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.