Pascagoula in Jackson County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Built ca. 1899, the Clark House was the home of Clara and Henry Clark. The Clark family first settled in Jackson County in 1838 and worked as wholesale grocers and ship chandlers. Constructed as a center- hall cottage, the house was later remodeled to include elements of the Queen Anne style. The house remained in the Clark family until 1901, after which the property changed owners several times. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1991, the house was destroyed during Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
Erected 2013 by Mississippi Deaprtment of Archives and History.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Disasters • Notable Buildings.
Location. 30° 20.605′ N, 88° 32.835′ W. Marker is in Pascagoula, Mississippi, in Jackson County. Marker is on Beach Boulevard east of Market Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pascagoula MS 39567, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. William Faulkner, Pascagoula Novelist (approx. Ό mile away); Cottage by the Sea Tavern (approx. Georgia P. Kinne House (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Round Island Affair - 1849 (approx. 0.4 miles away); Randall's Tavern (approx. half a mile away); St. Peter Missionary Baptist Church (approx. half a mile away); Capt. John Grant (approx. 0.6 miles away); Running the Blockade: SS Fanny (Fox) (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pascagoula.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 13, 2022. It was originally submitted on May 13, 2022, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 104 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 13, 2022, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana.