Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Davenport in Scott County, Iowa — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
 

E. P. Adler House

Built 1916

— Iowa Historic Site —

 
 
E. P. Adler House Marker image. Click for more information.
Photographed By Duane and Tracy Marsteller, July 9, 2022
1. E. P. Adler House Marker
Davenport Architectural/Historical Survey entry:
Click for more information.
Inscription.  
This property is listed in
the National Register of Historic Places

Iowa State Historical Department
Division of Historic Preservation

 
Erected by Iowa State Historical Department, Division of Historic Preservation.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: ArchitectureCommunications. A significant historical year for this entry is 1916.
 
Location. 41° 32.451′ N, 90° 34.549′ W. Marker is in Davenport, Iowa, in Scott County. Marker is at the intersection of North Main Street and West High Street, on the right when traveling south on North Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2104 N Main St, Davenport IA 52803, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Vander Veer Park Historic District (a few steps from this marker); Calvary Baptist Church - First Baptist Church (approx. half a mile away); Leon “Bix” Beiderbecke House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Parker-Ficke House (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Soldier's Monument
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 0.7 miles away); Trinity Episcopal Cathedral (approx. 0.7 miles away); Original St. Ambrose College (approx. 0.8 miles away); Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Cathedral (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Davenport.
 
Regarding E. P. Adler House. Emanuel P. Adler became publisher of the Davenport Times in 1901, when Lee Newspaper Syndicate bought the newspaper. He succeeded A.W. Lee as the company's president in 1907. During his tenure, the company purchased several other Midwest newspapers including the Davenport Democrat in 1915. Adler also was instrumental in the 1933 reorganization of the American Commercial Savings Bank and Trust as the Davenport Savings Bank and Trust.
 
Also see . . .  E. P. Adler House. Wikipedia entry on the house, which was individually listed on the National Register in 1983 and is a contributing building in the Vander Veer Park Historic District. (Submitted on July 14, 2022, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.) 
 
E. P. Adler House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Duane and Tracy Marsteller, July 9, 2022
2. E. P. Adler House Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 14, 2022. It was originally submitted on July 14, 2022, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 132 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 14, 2022, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=202214

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 21, 2024