Fedor in Lee County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Trinity Lutheran Church
Parochial school was opened by the Rev. John A. Proft, first resident pastor. Longest tenure (nearly half a century, 1876 to 1923) was by pastor G. Birkmann.
Erected 1970 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 8179.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Religion & Religious Structures. A significant historical date for this entry is March 11, 1870.
Location. 30° 19.04′ N, 97° 3.563′ W. Marker is in Fedor, Texas, in Lee County. It is on County Highway 309 0.2 miles west of Farm to Market Road 1624, on the left when traveling west. The marker is located at entrance to the church property by the road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4475 County Road 309, Lexington TX 78947, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Regionally, this marker is in Central Texas. It is also in the American South. Globally, it is in North America, a Gulf of Mexico state, the Western Hemisphere, the Western World, and the Anglosphere. Historically, it finds itself in what was once New Spain, the Republic of Texas, one of the Confederate States of America, and the Antebellum South.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies: St. John Lutheran Church (approx. 5.8 miles away); Kings Highway Camino Real Old San Antonio Road (approx. 6.1 miles away); a different marker also named Kings Highway Camino Real Old San Antonio Road (approx. 6.1 miles away); a different marker also named Kings Highway Camino Real Old San Antonio Road (approx. 6.3 miles away); a different marker also named Kings Highway Camino Real Old San Antonio Road (approx. 6.3 miles away); Indian Camp Branch (approx. 7.1 miles away); Old Evergreen Tree (approx. 7.1 miles away); United Methodist Church of Lexington (approx. 7.3 miles away).
Also see . . . Fedor, TX.
Texas State Historical Association
Fedor, also known as Moab, West Yegua, and Long Prairie, is eight miles north of Manheim in north central Lee County. It was settled in the late 1850s by a group of Wends from Serbin, Texas, who organized Trinity Lutheran Church in 1870. A post office was established in 1880 and called Fedor in honor of Fedor Soder, a local merchant.(Submitted on September 5, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 5, 2022. It was originally submitted on September 5, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 478 times since then and 43 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 5, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.


