Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Weimar in Colorado County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church

 
 
Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By James Hulse, September 15, 2022
1. Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church Marker
Inscription.  The Rev. G. Geiger organized this congregation on June 2, 1886, with a membership of six families. The church serves two communities, Content and New Bielau, located within one mile of each other. In 1888 the members constructed this church building on a three-acre tract of land they purchased two years later. A cemetery adjoins the frame structure. In 1896 a bell, named "Concordia", was placed in the steeple. A balcony and Sunday school rooms were added to the building in 1914.
 
Erected 1985 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 5561.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical date for this entry is June 2, 1886.
 
Location. 29° 38.084′ N, 96° 46.409′ W. Marker is near Weimar, Texas, in Colorado County. Marker is at the intersection of Farm to Market Road 155 and Farm to Market Road 244, on the left when traveling south on Highway 155. The marker is located on the east side of the intersection and in front of the Trinity Church. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1985 FM 155, Weimar TX 78962, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Clear Creek Cemetery (approx. 3 miles away); Oakland (approx. 4.1 miles away); Oakland Normal School (approx. 4.1 miles away); Weimar Masonic Lodge No. 423 (approx. 4.6 miles away); Weimar Railroad Depot (approx. 4.7 miles away); John Pettit Borden (approx. 4.7 miles away); Town of Weimar (approx. 4.7 miles away); Weimar Masonic Cemetery (approx. 4.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Weimar.
 
Also see . . .  New Bielau, TX. Texas State Historical Association
The community had two churches, a school, a cemetery, and scattered dwellings in 1940. At different times New Bielau had a store, a gin, and a blacksmith shop. The New Bielau school was consolidated with those of Weimar by the 1950s. A contiguous community named Content that evidently contained Anglo-Texan settlers shared churches and a school board with New Bielau. In the 1980s both communities were served by the New Bielau community center and the Trinity Church.
(Submitted on September 16, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.) 
 
The view of the Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church and Marker from the street image. Click for full size.
Photographed By James Hulse, September 15, 2022
2. The view of the Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church and Marker from the street
The Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church image. Click for full size.
Photographed By James Hulse, September 15, 2022
3. The Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 16, 2022. It was originally submitted on September 15, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 115 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on September 16, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=206219

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 21, 2024