Ambridge in Beaver County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Harmonist Church / St. John's Lutheran Church
Built in 1828-31, the church of the Harmony Society saw service twice on Sunday until the Society closed in 1905. Afterwards the building held services for all denominations before churches were built in the newly-founded town of Ambridge. The St. John’s Lutheran Church congregation formed in 1907.
Erected by Ambridge Historic District, Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Ambridge Rotary Club, Old Economy Village.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Rotary International series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1905.
Location. 40° 35.771′ N, 80° 13.939′ Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ambridge PA 15003, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Harmony Society Church (a few steps from this marker); Carriage House and Summer Kitchen (a few steps from this marker); Old Economy (within shouting distance of this marker); Greenhouse and Bakery (within shouting distance of this marker); The Harmonist Wool Block (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Economy Memorial (about 500 feet away); Economy Hotel (about 500 feet away); Water Pump, Bank, Restaurant, Croatian Club (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ambridge.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 20, 2022. It was originally submitted on September 20, 2022, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 102 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 20, 2022, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.