St. Marys in Camden County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
First Presbyterian Church
Incorporated under the name of the Independent Presbyterian Church of St. Marys Dec. 20, 1828. On Dec. 5, 1832, the Independent Church was incorporated as the First Presbyterian Church of St. Marys in the Georgia Presbytery.
Erected 1953 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 020-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 30° 43.503′ N, 81° 32.86′ W. Marker is in St. Marys, Georgia, in Camden County. Marker is on Osborne Street (Georgia Route 40) 0 miles north of West Conyers Street, on the right when traveling south. The marker, which faces on Osborne Street, is at the church, which faces on West Conyers Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 West Conyers Street, Saint Marys GA 31558, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within Washington Pump & Oak (within shouting distance of this marker); George Washington Oak Tree Site (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Marys Methodist Church Established 1799-1800 (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Clark-Bessant House (about 300 feet away); Orange Hall (about 300 feet away); City of St. Marys (about 400 feet away); Spanish Occupation of Georgia (about 400 feet away); First Pecan Trees Grown Here About 1840 (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Marys.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for First Presbyterian Church.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 26, 2020. This page originally submitted on July 24, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 964 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on July 24, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2, 3. submitted on March 10, 2013, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.