St. Clairsville in Belmont County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Belmont County Revolutionary War Veterans
This memorial plaque was placed by the Zane's Trace Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution in grateful memory of those buried in the soil of Belmont County who loved country more than life and served in the American Revolution - 1775 - 1783.
Dedicated July 4, 1976
Erected 1976 by Zane's Trace Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Heroes • Military • Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list. A significant historical date for this entry is July 4, 1884.
Location. 40° 4.836′ N, 80° 54.049′ W. Marker is in St. Clairsville, Ohio, in Belmont County. Marker is on the south facade of the Belmont County Courthouse, about fifteen feet east of the entrance stairs. The courthouse is at the intersection of Main and Market Streets. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 W Main Street (US Route 40 - National Road), Saint Clairsville OH 43950, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least Belmont County / Groundbreaking Site of the National Road in Ohio (here, next to this marker); Medal of Honor Recipients of Belmont County (a few steps from this marker); Milestone Marks where Extension of National Road... (a few steps from this marker); Belmont County Veterans Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Governor Arthur St. Clair 1734-1818 (within shouting distance of this marker); Captain Thomas Drummond (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Home of Benjamin Lundy (about 700 feet away); Benjamin Lundy Champion of Freedom (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Clairsville.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 22, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,053 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 22, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.