Roscoe in Coshocton County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Daniel Boyd House - c.1825
This house was built c.1825 by Daniel Boyd, a weaver. Some time in the 1830s, and in the face of financial difficulties, Daniel and Jane Boyd deeded the house to the Methodist Episcopal Church to be the church parsonage.
Originally located in Caldersburgh, early Roscoe, this building was moved to its present location in 1989. It is the oldest building in Roscoe and the only one to have been relocated.
Erected by Roscoe Village Foundation.
Location. 40° 16.695′ N, 81° 52.612′ W. Marker is in Roscoe, Ohio, in Coshocton County. Marker is on Whitewoman Street, on the left when traveling north. Marker is about 100 feet NW of the Johnson-Humrickhouse Museum (300 N. Whitewoman Street). Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Coshocton OH 43812, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 24 Star Flag (a few steps from this marker); Wilson Jacob House - c.1890 (a few steps from this marker); James Taylor House (Reconstructed) - 1971 (a few steps from this marker); Dr. Maro Johnson's House - c.1833 Dr. Maro Johnson's Office - 1842 (within shouting distance of this marker); James LeRetilley Building - 1847 (within shouting distance of this marker); William Roscoe Building - 1840 (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Caldersburgh Pearl -2001 (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Roscoe.
Also see . . . Roscoe Village Foundation. (Submitted on February 11, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Additional keywords. Ohio and Erie Canal
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Daniel Boyd House - c.1825.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 30, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 11, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 794 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 11, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.