Marshall in Calhoun County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
First Baptist Church
Erected 1986 by Bureau of History, Michigan Department of State. (Marker Number 1226.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical month for this entry is January 1861.
Location. 42° 16.316′ N, 84° 57.783′ W. Marker is in Marshall, Michigan, in Calhoun County. Marker is on Michigan Avenue (Business Interstate 94), on the right when traveling east. Between Park and Grand Streets. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Marshall MI 49068, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers The Wolverine Rangers (within shouting distance of this marker); The Old Stone Barn (within shouting distance of this marker); First Courthouse / Brooks Memorial Fountain (within shouting distance of this marker); Marshall Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); The Interurban / Interurban Depot (within shouting distance of this marker); Liberty Tree Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Isaac E. Crary House (about 300 feet away); Michigan Ave. (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marshall.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 8, 2010. This page has been viewed 754 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 8, 2010. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.