Lufkin in Angelina County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Lufkin Telephone Exchange
Erected 1998. (Marker Number 11657.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Communications. A significant historical year for this entry is 1898.
Location. 31° 20.415′ N, 94° 43.715′ W. Marker is in Lufkin, Texas, in Angelina County. Marker is at the intersection of Frank Steet and First Street, on the right when traveling west on Frank Steet. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lufkin TX 75901, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this Kerr's Inc. (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of Rehearsal Hall for The Hoo Hoo Band (about 500 feet away); Calder (Cotton) Square (about 500 feet away); The Depot Explosion and Mystery (about 600 feet away); KRBA-AM Radio Station (about 600 feet away); First Baptist Church of Lufkin (about 700 feet away); Site of Martin Wagon Company (approx. 0.2 miles away); Original site of St. Cyprian's Episcopal Church (approx. Ό mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lufkin.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 31, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,642 times since then and 117 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on March 31, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. 2. submitted on July 3, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?