Mount Vernon in Westchester County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Gloverís Brigade Encampment
of the Continental Army
October 17, 1776,
engaging in the Battle at
the following day.
Erected 1926 by Mount Vernon Rotary Club.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Revolutionary. A significant historical month for this entry is October 1776.
Location. 40° 54.133′ N, 73° 49.08′ W. Marker is in Mount Vernon, New York, in Westchester County. Marker is at the intersection of E Sandford Blvd. and Garden Avenue, on the right when traveling west on E Sandford Blvd.. Marker is located near the entrance to Memorial Field. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Mount Vernon NY 10550, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. “Pelham Dale” (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Old Boston Road (approx. ľ mile away); Colonel Philip Pell (approx. 0.3 miles away); This Mile Stone (approx. ĺ mile away); St. Paulís Church, Eastchester (approx. ĺ mile away); Saint Paulís Protestant Episcopal ChurchPatriots of the American Revolution (approx. ĺ mile away); In Memory of the Underhills (approx. ĺ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mount Vernon.
Also see . . .
1. American Diary Account of Events Before, During, and After the Battle of Pelham on October 18, 1776. Historic Pelham website. (Submitted on June 19, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.)
2. Battle of Pell's Point. Wikipedia entry (Submitted on February 24, 2021, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York.)
3. Glover's Rock. Official NYC Parks description (Submitted on February 24, 2021, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York.)
Credits. This page was last revised on February 24, 2021. It was originally submitted on June 19, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 891 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 19, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.