Madison in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
1751 ---- 1836
Madison, CT. & N.J.
[ Back of Monument: ]
From ‘Bottle Hill’ to ‘Madison’ in
1834. This monument is hereby
presented through the generosity
of the Mayor and Council, the
citizens of Madison and friends of
the community on this 2nd day of
Mayor John J. Dunne, Chairman
Catherine A. Coultas
Roberta M. Dunne
Joseph Falco, Jr.
Laurence G. Taber
Location. 40° 45.518′ N, 74° 24.907′ W. Marker is in Madison, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (New Jersey Route 124) and Waverly Place, on the right when traveling south on Main Street. Monument is on the median on Waverly Place. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Madison NJ 07940, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bethel A.M.E. Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Sayre Homestead (approx. Bottle Hill Tavern (approx. 0.3 miles away); First Presbyterian Church of Chatham Township (approx. 0.4 miles away); Miller's Station (approx. half a mile away); Mead Hall (approx. 0.6 miles away); Francis Asbury (approx. 0.6 miles away); Chatham (approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Madison.
More about this marker. Monument consists of a grante base topped by a bust of James Madison.
Also see . . . James Madison. Biography of James Madison from the White House website. (Submitted on July 24, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Topics. This marker is included in these topic lists: Patriots & Patriotism • Settlements & Settlers
Credits. This page was last revised on November 25, 2019. This page originally submitted on July 24, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 848 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 24, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. 6. submitted on May 23, 2015, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.