Moscow in Polk County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Baptist Church
Erected 1965 by Texas State Historical Survey Commission. (Marker Number 10414.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 30° 55.201′ N, 94° 49.656′ W. Marker is in Moscow, Texas, in Polk County. Marker is on Loop Road 177 north of Farm to Market Road 350, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Moscow TX 75960, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Moscow (a few steps from this marker); Texas Statesman William Pettus Hobby (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Moscow Male and Female Academy (approx. 0.2 miles away); E.C. Matthews Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); John Wesley Hardin (1853-1895) (approx. 4 miles away); Town of Corrigan (approx. 5˝ miles away); Whitehead HomeGreenfield Cemetery (approx. 15 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Moscow.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 10, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 425 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 10, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.