Fort Apache in Navajo County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Non-Commissioned Officers' Quarters (110 & 111)
Like other quarters on the east end of Officers' Row, these residences were refurbished by the Bureau of Indian Affairs in the 1930's to house school staff.
Erected by Fort Apache Historical Park and the White Mountain Apache Tribe.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Forts or Castles.
Location. 33° 47.514′ N, 109° 59.225′ W. Marker is in Fort Apache, Arizona, in Navajo County. Marker is on General Crook Street, on the left when traveling east. Marker is located at the Fort Apache Historic Park, 0.7 miles east of AZ-73 on Fort Apache Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Apache AZ 85926, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Adjutant's Office (117) (within shouting distance of this marker); T.R. School Teachers' Quarters (112) (within shouting distance of this marker); Officers' Quarters (107, 108, 109)Barracks (115) (about 400 feet away); Boys' Dormitory (116) (about 400 feet away); Commissary Storehouse (113) (about 500 feet away); Officer's Quarters (106) (about 500 feet away); Old Guard House (115A) (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Apache.
More about this marker. All visitors to Fort Apache Historic Park must first register and pay admission at Culture Center, just to the left as you enter the park.
Also see . . .
1. Fort Apache Historic Park. (Submitted on October 11, 2010.)
2. Non-Commissioned Officers' Quarters, Circa 1900. The Fort Apache Walking Tour description of the Non-Commissioned Officer's Quarters, Building 110. (Submitted on October 11, 2010.)
3. Non-Commissioned Officers' Quarters, Circa 1930. The Fort Apache Walking Tour description of the Non-Commissioned Officer's Quarters, Building 111 (Submitted on October 11, 2010.)
4. Fort Apache History. The White Mountain Apache Tripe tells the history of the area including photos. (Submitted on October 11, 2010.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 10, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 683 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 10, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.