El Paso in El Paso County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Fort Bliss Officers' Quarters
Officers quarters, built about 1879 on 3' foundations of hewn stone. 24" walls are double-laid adobe brick.
Erected 1965 by State Historical Survey Committee.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Forts and Castles • Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1849.
Location. 31° 45.834′ N, 106° 30.593′ W. Marker is in El Paso, Texas, in El Paso County. Marker is on West Old Paisano Drive, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1836 West Old Paisano Drive, El Paso TX 79901, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. El Paso del Rio del Norte (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Major Simeon Hart (about 700 feet away); Capt. James W. Magoffin (about 700 feet away); The Camino Real (about 700 feet away); Burges House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Old San Francisco Historic DistrictEl Paso Union Passenger Station (approx. 0.9 miles away); Old B'Nai Zion Synagogue (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in El Paso.
Also see . . . Fort Bliss. A Fort Bliss Wikipedia article giving the history of the Fort, both "Old" Fort Bliss and the "New" Fort Bliss. Photos and additional links are shown. (Submitted on November 22, 2010.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 10, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 16, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 970 times since then and 53 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 16, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.