Whites Creek in Davidson County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
The James Gang
Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission. (Marker Number 3A 20.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Jesse James, and the Tennessee Historical Commission series lists. A significant historical month for this entry is March 1934.
Location. 36° 15.89′ N, 86° 49.845′ W. Marker is in Whites Creek, Tennessee, in Davidson County. Marker is on Whites Creek Pike (U.S. 431) 0.1 miles south of Old Hickory Blvd., on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Whites Creek TN 37189, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. White’s Creek and the War (approx. 0.6 Alexander Little Page Green (approx. ¾ mile away); Captain Alexander "Devil Alex" Ewing (approx. 2.1 miles away); Frederick Stump (approx. 2.3 miles away); Hyde's Ferry Turnpike (approx. 4.3 miles away); Haynes High School (approx. 4.6 miles away); Riverside Sanitarium and Hospital / Dorothy Lavinia Brown, M.D. (approx. 4.6 miles away); Griggs Hall (approx. 4.8 miles away).
Additional keywords. Jesse James, outlaws and renegades
Credits. This page was last revised on December 15, 2019. It was originally submitted on December 21, 2010, by Paul Landry of Nashville, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 1,506 times since then and 58 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 21, 2010, by Paul Landry of Nashville, Tennessee. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.