West Chester in Chester County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Battle of Brandywine
Sept. 11, 1777
Erected by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission series list.
Location. 39° 54.614′ N, 75° 35.892′ W. Marker is in West Chester, Pennsylvania, in Chester County. Marker is at the intersection of W Street Road (State Highway 926) and South Birmingham Road, on the right when traveling west on W Street Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: West Chester PA 19382, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Gen's Lafayette and Pulaski (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Peace Garden at Birmingham (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Friends School at Birmingham Meeting House Birmingham Friends Meeting House (approx. 0.4 miles away); On This Native Stone (approx. 0.4 miles away); In Memory of Those Who Fell (approx. 0.4 miles away); First Defense Line (approx. 0.4 miles away); Birmingham Hill (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in West Chester.
Also see . . . Battle of Brandywine (British Attack) - Behind the Marker. ExplorePAHistory.com (Submitted on July 14, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 9, 2011, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 970 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on January 9, 2011, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. 2. submitted on March 29, 2011, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. 3. submitted on January 9, 2011, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.