Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Batavia in Genesee County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

The Batavia Club

 
 
The Batavia Club Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Patrick Weissend, January 8, 2000
1. The Batavia Club Marker
Inscription.  
Formerly Bank of Genesee
First Bank West of Genesee River
Built in 1831

Architect builder Hezekiah Eldredge
National Register of Historic Places
1973

 
Erected 1973.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1831.
 
Location. 42° 59.859′ N, 78° 10.9′ W. Marker is in Batavia, New York, in Genesee County. Marker is on East Main Street (New York State Route 5/33) near Bank Street, on the right when traveling west. The building is at the intersection of East Main and Bank Streets. The marker faces East Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 214 East Main Street, Batavia NY 14020, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Cary House Site (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of Mansion (approx. 0.2 miles away); Genesee County (approx. Ό mile away); Genesee County Courthouse (approx. Ό mile away); In Memory of the Soldiers Sailors and Marines of Genesee County
The Batavia Club Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Lugnuts, October 24, 2020
2. The Batavia Club Marker
The marker is between the bushes.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 0.3 miles away); Paolo Busti Monument (approx. half a mile away); Batavia (approx. half a mile away); Capt. Charles F. Rand (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Batavia.
 
The Batavia Club image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Lugnuts, October 24, 2020
3. The Batavia Club
The Batavia Club moved out in 2000 and it is now called Seymour Place. It is the home of GO ART!, the Genesee-Orleans Regional Arts Council.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 2, 2020. It was originally submitted on January 10, 2011, by Patrick Weissend of Corfu, New Yok. This page has been viewed 428 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on January 10, 2011, by Patrick Weissend of Corfu, New Yok.   2, 3. submitted on October 26, 2020, by Lugnuts of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=39632

Paid Advertisements
 
 

May. 22, 2022