Auburn in Lee County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Alabama’s Land-Grant University
Erected 1994 by Alabama Historical Association.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1960.
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 32° 36.254′ N, 85° 29.032′ W. Marker was in Auburn, Alabama, in Lee County. Marker was at the intersection of West Thach Avenue and Mell Street, on the right on West Thach Avenue. Located near Ross Hall on the campus of Auburn University. Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Auburn University AL 36849, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking Auburn WWI Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Desegregation at Auburn (about 400 feet away); The Lathe (about 400 feet away); Auburn University Chapel (about 700 feet away); Auburn - Alabama (approx. 0.2 miles away); Toomers Corner And The Bank Of Auburn (approx. 0.2 miles away); Auburn 1865~Present / The "Loveliest Village" (approx. ¼ mile away); Auburn United Methodist Church Founder's Chapel (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Auburn.
1. Marker not at location
Just went to see this historical marker today (10/11/20) and it’s not there.
— Submitted October 11, 2020, by Chuck herrington of Cincinnati, Ohio.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 12, 2020. It was originally submitted on January 19, 2011, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,091 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 19, 2011, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. New location of marker and photo. • Can you help?