Talbotton in Talbot County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
George Washington Towns
Erected 1961 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 130-9.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Government & Politics. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 32° 40.671′ N, 84° 32.743′ W. Marker is in Talbotton, Georgia, in Talbot County. Marker is on Monroe Street (Georgia Route 208) 0.1 miles west of Taylor StreetTouch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 294 Hwy 208, Talbotton GA 31827, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Straus Home Site (approx. ¼ mile away); a different marker also named Straus Home Site (approx. ¼ mile away); Talbot County (approx. 0.3 miles away); First Session Supreme Court of Georgia (approx. 0.3 miles away); a different marker also named Straus Home Site (approx. 0.3 miles away); Zion Episcopal Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); William Bartram Trail (approx. 0.4 miles away); Talbotton United Methodist Church (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Talbotton.
More about this marker. The marker was originally located on the courthouse square in Talbotton.
Also see . . . George W. Towns (1801-1854). Georgia Humanities Council and the University of Georgia Press (Submitted on January 24, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 17, 2019. It was originally submitted on January 19, 2011, by Michael Dover of Ellerslie, Georgia. This page has been viewed 514 times since then and 15 times this year. Last updated on January 25, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 19, 2011, by Michael Dover of Ellerslie, Georgia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.