Franklinton in Franklin County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Moses A. Hopkins
Erected 1959 by Archives and Highway Departments. (Marker Number E62.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: African Americans • Churches & Religion • Government & Politics.
Location. 36° 5.987′ N, 78° 27.542′ W. Marker is in Franklinton, North Carolina, in Franklin County. Marker is at the intersection of S. Main Street and W. College Street, on the right when traveling south on S. Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Franklinton NC 27525, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. C. C. Crittenden (approx. 8˝ miles away); The Glass House (approx. 8˝ miles away); Kittrell’s Springs (approx. 8.6 miles away); Confederate Cemetery (approx. 8.6 miles away); John Williamson (approx. 8.6 miles away); Richard Warfington Kittrell Confederate Cemetery (approx. 8.8 miles away); Wake Forest University (approx. 8.8 miles away).
Also see . . . Moses A. Hopkins - Wikipedia. (Submitted on March 23, 2011, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 20, 2011, by John Zadrozny of Youngsville, North Carolina. This page has been viewed 554 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 20, 2011, by John Zadrozny of Youngsville, North Carolina. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.