Lincoln in Placer County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Fruitvale School / Country School Era in Western Placer
Fruitvale School was chosen as the site for this plaque, because the building still exists (in 2005) and is still a community gathering place.
The schools (and last location):
• Gold Hill (1855-1946) - - Ridge Road/G.H. Road
• Mt. Pleasant (1853-1919) - - 3750 Mt. Pleasant
• Manzanita/Coon Creek (1857-1899) - - Manzanita
• Sheridan (1864-Present) - - 4750 H. St., Sheridan
• Fairview (1867-1900) - - Nicolaus Road/West End
• Valley View (1871-1991) - - 7755 McCourtney Road
• Central (1872-1946) - - 1200 Block, Fiddyment
• Daneville (1874-1919) - - McCourtney/Big Ben
• New Hope (1884-1919) and (1932-1938) - - Garden Bar Road at Coon Creek
• Fruitvale (1888-1946) - - 3425 Fruitvale Road
• Orange Valley (1888-1916) - -
• Fair Oaks (1900-1936) - - 4538 Wise Road
• Rivervale (1914-1939) - - Moore Rd./County Line
This marker provided by and dedicated by
Silver Star Parlor #63
Native Sons of the Golden West
Lincoln, California, September 9, 2005
Erected 1999 by Placer County Historical Society and Native Sons of the Golden West, Silver Star Parlor #63.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 38° 54.753′ N, 121° 14.021′ W. Marker is in Lincoln, California, in Placer County. Marker can be reached from Fruitvale Road west of Stafford Lane, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3425 Fruitvale Road, Lincoln CA 95648, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Virginiatown (approx. 1.3 miles away); First Clay Pipe Plant in the West (approx. 3.4 miles away); Colonel C. Lincoln Wilson (approx. 3.4 miles away); Lincoln World War II Memorial (approx. 3.4 miles away); Beerman Plaza (approx. 3.4 miles away); New Hoppert Building (approx. 3½ miles away); I O O F Building (approx. 3½ miles away); Emmada Building (approx. 3½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lincoln.
Also see . . . The Old Fruitvale School Hall. This historic schoolhouse was one of original 13 country schools spread throughout Western Placer County to serve the school-aged children of farm families from the late 1800s thru the 1940s.
The school building and grounds are owned and operated by the Fruitvale Community Hall Corporation, a group comprised of an all-volunteer Board of Directors. (Submitted on April 28, 2011.)
Categories. • Education •
More. Search the internet for Fruitvale School / Country School Era in Western Placer.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 28, 2011, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 1,204 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 28, 2011, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. 6. submitted on October 25, 2011, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. 7, 8. submitted on April 28, 2011, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.