Oconomowoc in Waukesha County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Oconomowoc Masonic Center
Sold to Kohl family (theater chain family) in 1920.
Acquired by Oconomowoc Lodge #42 F & AM in 1922.
The veranda on the West and South sides was removed.
The original narrow clapboard siding has been replaced.
The oval window in the triangular gable has survived.
It is the meeting place for all masonic groups in Oconomowoc.
Erected 1998 by Waukesha County Historical Society and funded by Oconomowoc Lodge #42 F & AM and the Harmony Club (Free Masons from the Oconomowoc area). (Marker Number 24-02.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Fraternal or Sororal Organizations. A significant historical year for this entry is 1895.
Location. Marker has been reported missing. Touch for map. Marker was at or near this postal address: 307 N Lake Rd, Oconomowoc WI 53066, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. The Inn at Pine Terrace (approx. half a mile away); Historic Okauchee (approx. 3 miles away); Highway Marking (approx. 4.1 miles away); Nashotah Mission (approx. 4.3 miles away); Stone Bank (approx. 5 miles away); Bishop Jackson Kemper Home Built 1849 (approx. 5.1 miles away); Cushing Memorial Park (approx. 5.6 miles away); Wm. R. Look Log Cabin (approx. 5.8 miles away).
Also see . . . WaukeshaNow. Twain stayed at local cottage - Mark Twain stayed at 'Scudder's Cottage' in Oconomowoc (Submitted on April 17, 2013, by Linda Hansen of Waukesha, Wisconsin.)
1. Marker removed.
This marker was removed by the owners of the building and given to the Oconomowoc Historical Society.
— Submitted July 9, 2020, by Linda Hansen of Waukesha, Wisconsin.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 9, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 19, 2011, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 1,263 times since then and 88 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 19, 2011, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.