Northville in Saratoga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
site of town's first post
office. Original house built
c. 1802. Post office moved
to Edinburg 4-Corners in 1948
Erected by Town of Edinburg.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1802.
Location. 43° 13.286′ N, 74° 6.22′ W. Marker is in Northville, New York, in Saratoga County. Marker is at the intersection of Military Road and North Shore Road (County Route 4), on the right when traveling north on Military Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Northville NY 12134, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Barker's Store (a few steps from this marker); Beecher Hollow (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Carriage Shop (about 600 feet away); Covered Bridge (approx. 0.2 miles away); Rural Museum (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named Beecher Hollow (approx. ¼ mile away); Town Meeting (approx. 0.3 miles away); Old Road (approx. half a mile away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 27, 2011, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. This page has been viewed 622 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 27, 2011, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.