Austin in Travis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Dr. George Moffit Patrick
A volunteer at Anahuac, 1832. Member of the Consultation, 1835. Commander of the schooner “Flash”, 1836. Most Worshipful Grand Master Grand (Masonic) Lodge of Texas, 1848-49. Born in Virginia, September 30, 1801. Died in Grimes County, Texas June 28, 1889.
His wife, Martha Scaife Patrick. Born in England in 1813. Died in Grimes County, Texas September 26, 1855.
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 14888.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, Texas Independence. In addition, it is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series list. A significant historical date for this entry is June 28, 1889.
Location. 30° 15.917′ N, 97° 43.647′ W. Marker is in Austin, Texas, in Travis County. Marker can be reached from Navasota Street north of East 7th Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 909 Navasota Street, Austin TX 78701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. William Vanoy Criswell (here, next to this marker); Dr. Thomas Jefferson Gazley (here, next to Colonel Stephen Heard Darden (here, next to this marker); Z.N. Morrell (here, next to this marker); John Litton (here, next to this marker); James G. Wilkinson (here, next to this marker); Major William G. Cooke (here, next to this marker); Willis Avery (here, next to this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Austin.
Also see . . . State Cemetery of Texas. Dr. George Moffitt Patrick (Submitted on January 4, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on February 3, 2021. It was originally submitted on January 4, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,209 times since then and 12 times this year. Last updated on July 6, 2011, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. Photos: 1. submitted on January 4, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. 2. submitted on June 29, 2014, by Michael Heinich of Austin, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.