Columbus in Muscogee County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Sixth Avenue Passenger Station
Erected 1985 by The Historic Chattahoochee Commission and Historic Columbus Foundation.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Railroads & Streetcars. A significant historical year for this entry is 1901.
Location. 32° 28.164′ N, 84° 59.072′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Georgia, in Muscogee County. Marker is on Sixth Avenue, 0 miles north of 12th Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1200 Sixth Avenue, Columbus GA 31901, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance Philip Trammell Shutze (approx. 0.2 miles away); Church of the Holy Family (approx. ¼ mile away); Last Land Battle in War of 1861-65 (approx. ¼ mile away); St. James AME Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Tyler Home (approx. 0.3 miles away); First Baptist Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Martin J. Crawford (approx. 0.3 miles away); “Columbus Stockade Blues” (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
Regarding Sixth Avenue Passenger Station. The depot was rehabilitated by Total System Services (TSYS) as office space; it is now occupied by the Greater Columbus Area Chamber of Commerce.
Also see . . . Columbus Depots. Old photos of Sixth Avenue Passenger Station (Submitted on August 8, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 5, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 634 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on August 5, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.