Fish House in Fulton County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
On June 3, 1778 Godfrey Shew stationed his son Jacob to report approach Tory and Indian raiders under Col. Ross. Later family made prisoners.
Erected 1932 by State Education Department.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Revolutionary. A significant historical month for this entry is June 1818.
Location. 43° 8.798′ N, 74° 7.686′ W. Marker is in Fish House, New York, in Fulton County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Fish House Road and County Road 110. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Broadalbin NY 12025, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Fish House (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); St John House (about 500 feet away); Covered Bridge (about 600 feet away); "Fish House" (about 600 feet away); Marvin House (about 700 feet away); Shew House (approx. Ό mile away); Godfrey Shew (approx. Ό mile away); Hans' Creek (approx. 1.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fish House.
Regarding Shew's Hill. If you read the exploits of the Shew family of old Fish
Also see . . . Jacob Shew: Returns home on St. Patrick's Day. Transcription of James F. Morrison's book "A History of Fulton County in the Revolution" by dedicated volunteer, Peggy Menear for the Fulton County NYGenWeb. (Submitted on September 1, 2011, by ELizabeth Emery of Gloversville, New York.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 8, 2017. It was originally submitted on August 25, 2011. This page has been viewed 501 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 25, 2011, by ELizabeth Emery of Gloversville, New York. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide shot of marker and its surroundings • Can you help?