Leavenworth in Leavenworth County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Knights of Columbus Hall
Land for the building was purchased from the U.S. Government in 1857 by William H. Russell of Lafayette County, Missouri. The building was built in 1878 by James A. McGonigle for Francis Fitzwilliam. It was financed through the German Bank of Leavenworth. The cost of the building was 12,000 dollars.
The local Chapter No. 900 of the Knights of Columbus was formed in 1904. It is a fraternal & charitable organization for Catholic men.
Erected 1988 by Leavenworth Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1857.
Location. 39° 19.085′ N, 94° 54.816′ W. Marker is in Leavenworth, Kansas, in Leavenworth County. Marker is at the intersection of Delaware Street and 4th Street (U.S. 73), on the right when traveling east on Delaware Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 331 Delaware Street, Leavenworth KS 66048, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Stockton Hall (here, next to this marker); Russell, Majors & Waddell (a few Lincoln at Stockton Hall (a few steps from this marker); Site of Offices of Russell, Majors, and Waddell (within shouting distance of this marker); Cyclone Carry (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Heritage Court / Celebration of the Midwest Family (about 300 feet away); Leavenworth Masonic Building Association (about 400 feet away); Freedom Tree (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Leavenworth.
Also see . . . Knights of Columbus Chapter No. 900. (Submitted on August 31, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 31, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 435 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 31, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.